Now Hiring: Senior ITM-ATM Specialist
Summary: Responsible for working on cash automation machines, ATM/ITMs, and other related equipment, providing customer service, installation, repair, upgrade, testing, and maintenance. The Senior Field Service Technician also undertakes project-based work, offers escalation support to other Technicians, and contributes to refining the company's processes and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Arrive on time for work and effectively manage daily schedule.
• Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor while interacting with customers, representing the company in a positive light.
• Install, repair, and maintain cash automation and ATM/ITM equipment, including hardware and software upgrades, and perform preventative maintenance.
• Travel to customer locations for repairs as needed.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment issues, recommending and explaining additional repairs to customers when appropriate.
• Load and configure ATM/ITM software, promptly addressing and resolving any issues encountered during the process.
• Assist in monitoring and tracking software packages for ATM/ITM machines, ensuring timely and accurate updates.
• Liaise with vendors for support on software-related issues, collaborating effectively to achieve timely resolutions.
• Troubleshoot network issues, coordinating with multiple vendors when necessary, and building a strong case to secure their support and assistance.
• Use technical knowledge to perform repairs according to schedule.
• Document all calls, notes, and time logs in Leverage (CRM).
• Communicate professionally with customers, vendors, and dispatch, via phone and email, maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
• Maintain a clean, safe, and organized vehicle and service area.
• Send end-of-day reports to management, including open issues and assistance needed.
• Ensure all paperwork is in order, including module return program documentation.
• Return modules and parts to vendors or the office promptly.
• Project/Team Responsibilities:
· Scoping and executing project-based work for clients (e.g., ATM/ITM software upgrades).
· Validating procedures and recommended equipment configurations (e.g., ATM software patch levels, relevant manufacturer service bulletins, etc.).
· Updating shared content for other technicians (Smartsheet and Syncplicity).
· Providing escalation support for technicians encountering on-site issues with clients.
· Leading by example through professional customer interactions and adhering to company procedures.
· Train, mentor, and support junior technicians in their professional development, sharing knowledge and best practices to ensure a high-quality service.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Full-time availability.
· Valid driver's license.
· Effective communication through Microsoft Outlook and other company platforms.
· Maintain hardware and software competencies after product training.
· Work independently and meet customer deadlines.
· Read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; speak effectively before customers or employees.
· Solve problems involving several variables in different situations.
· Apply common sense understanding to carry out written, oral, or diagram instructions.
· Communicate effectively with customers.
· Three years of related experience as a Field Service Technician, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· NCR Certification is a plus.
· Basic network troubleshooting knowledge involving TCP and UDP ports, including identifying and resolving firewall issues, misroutes, and improper NAT configurations.
· Familiarity with SSL handshakes, and the creation, use, and troubleshooting of SSL certificates is a plus.
· Familiarity with packet capture and analysis is a plus.
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
· Associate's degree or higher preferred.
· Two to four years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Networking certifications or experience, such as CompTIA Network+ or Cisco CCNA, are a plus but not required.
· Cash Automation industry experience/certifications with vendors such as Glory, NCR, etc. are a plus but not required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Service Technicians must be able to work both remotely at customer locations and occasionally at the central office workshop. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential functions of this position include driving several hours per day, carrying, and lifting tools, parts, and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work efficiently on the computer. Tasks may also involve walking, crouching, kneeling, lifting, and traveling to meet up with various technicians to observe their day.